If you are thinking of starting your business, launching a product within your company, or just testing some random ideas, you will always face the same question: “How will we build this?”. This post will help you answer this question for good.
Chances are that you don’t have the right engineering team available on-demand and/or the budget to hire. If you work in a large company, you may have to go through a long admin process just to get your idea even approved by some mid-level managers. Experiencing both at multiple occasions, I was lucky enough to stumble upon some tools over the years that helped me move forward with no technical knowledge. This post is about sharing my favorite tool (by far) that will help you validate and launch your product without any single line of code: Bubble (https://bubble.io/).
It was in 2017 when a friend told me about Bubble the first time. At first I thought it was a fun idea but I didn’t grasp its potential until later that year. Bubble is now the single most amazing tool I need to tell you about. It will truly empower you to build whatever idea you have. I have been using it for two years now and haven’t been faced with any limitations so far.
In one sentence:
Bubble is a code-free programming language that lets you build and host web applications without engineers.bubble.is
Here are some random examples of what is possible with Bubble:
- Account creation (login, signup)
- Messaging between users
- Accept single and recurring payments
- Web and mobile notifications
- iOS and Android app
- Upload / download documents
Never have I ever thought this could be possible with no technical knowledge. Basically, all web startups we know could have been built with Bubble today: airbnb, Uber, Spotify, Slack, … Bubble provides you with all the requirements to make it possible to build what is on your mind today (ignoring the fact that this comes with other challenges).
Pros of Bubble:
- For end-users, it is impossible to say if the app is made via Bubble or not.
- The cost-model is a subscription model for apps that are published (online). You pay only when you are satisfied with your web application starting at just USD 29/month.
- Once you know how to use it, there are few limitations to what can be built.
- Once you are familiar with the tool, it goes fast… very fast.
- Many templates available you can build on (checkout some templates here: https://zeroqode.com/templates).
- Very active forum to help you with questions you may have.
Cons of Bubble:
- It takes some time to understand and feel confident using Bubble.
- Depending on your skills, the app may run a bit slower if your workflows are not well thought, which comes back to the first point.
- Publishing an iOS or Android app requires some workaround.
Not convinced? Just give it a try or check out real examples of what has been built on Bubble so far:
Every time I tell friends about Bubble, it turns to an eye-opening moment so I decided to take that experience at scale with this post :). I hope this article will inspire more non-techies to get their projects off the ground.
Enjoy life with Bubble! 🙂
PS: Bubble is truly amazing but here are some more basic tools depending on your needs:
If you just want to…
- … blog –> Checkout wordpress
- … have a basic webpage –> Checkout Wix or Squarespace
- … have an online shop –> Checkout Shopify
- … have a coming-soon page –> Checkout Launchrock or Unbounce
Also, this post isn’t paid content nor affiliated to Bubble in any ways.